Friday 13 April 2012

Opening night photos

Thank you to everyone who came to the opening night last night.  It meant a lot to me to see my paintings hanging in the together in these surroundings with people enjoying them.


There were lots of questions about how I'm feeling now that they're all up on the wall in one place and I can stop to reflect on this experience and allow the reality of letting them all go to come home to me.


For me the most emotional part of the night was the performance from Do You Feel What I Feel Deer?  It was quite something to be looking at the paintings while listening to the music.  They synchronised so beautifully, it made the whole thing come alive and I had an overwhelming sense that together we had reached the place that we felt moved to create.  The set was filmed so I'll post links to the clips once they've been uploaded.


Everyone loved their music and commented on their beautiful harmonies. They transport their audience to a magical world with their voices so to experience that among my paintings was a really special moment.


The exhibition is open from 10am-5pm Friday and Saturday and from 12-8pm on Sunday.  The auctions will end on eBay from 6.30-7.45pm on Sunday.

Here is the link: www.stores.ebay.co.uk/Penny-Art-Auction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @lmwhittaker